Tuesday, July 1, 2014

LFN #50

Hello All,

I wasn't going to forget LFN this week so am getting an early start.  Can't complain any longer that we've had no summer, because today was a beautiful day---sunny all day, HOT, and no storms!  Don and I had a serious cleaning day this morning---took up rugs and cleaned all floors.  Felt good to get that done, as it's not a favorite.  The big news for me is that my hip replacement will take place at 10:30 on JULY 15---much sooner than expected.  There were cancellations and I'm in!  I go for the pre-surgery check-up and joint replacement class this coming Tuesday.  Then July 9 I finally see the orthopedic doctor.  I will be in the hospital 2-3 days---maybe 1 if I can finangle my way out :)  On Friday Lin and I volunteered for Salvo.  Not a pleasant assignment as we were at a landfill (dump doesn't seem to be politically correct any longer) out by DIA where they're searching for the body of a 19 yr. old who was killed by a high school friend and put in a dumpster.  The search is taking place in an area 25' by 75' and 25' deep where they are sorting through all that compacted trash.  Can you imagine!  Could take weeks.  It was an easy job, as our menu of manicotti, meatballs, garlic bread, salad had to be replaced by pizza since someone forgot to fuel the canteen which meant no power to cook!  They had to send out to Pizza Hut.  We may volunteer again, as they seem to have trouble getting people.  

Another first to get through this week, as Mom would have turned 90!  Really hard to believe it's been one year.

Happy Fourth to everyone!  Mom at 85, I believe!

Love, San



Nice picture of Mom.  She really liked to open presents, didn't she.  It always was special to her.  Thought of her the other day as I was making a 'hospital tuck' while putting clean sheets on our bed. I always thought that was a cool thing to be taught by her.  Very practical and something that  is also worthwhile.  I like things like that.  Happy Birthday Mamma.   
And Happy 4th to all of you.




Guess I might be last here!
Just got back from a camping trip in crested butte! Great time, gorgeous country, wildflowers, perfect weather and
...lots of thoughts of mom!  
Mom and I had taken these same roads a couple of times to see the fall colors !!  
... it was great to have the memory of that time with mom, today, on her big 90.
Happy bday mom....wish you were here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment