Monday, July 7, 2014

lfn 7/7/14

Hello Everyone,

Just home from another Rockies loss :(  What started as a hopeful year has quickly turned to a rather hopeless one!  This seems to happen often with our CR.  Went to my pre-op class so pretty much know what to expect.  They give you the worst-case scenario about surgery and then we hope for the best!  It will be fine, I'm sure!  Other than that, not too much going on.  We've just started watching season 2 of Breaking Bad and also have started Orange is the New Black.  Orange is about life in a women's prison.   We're really into the upbeat shows!  

This would have been Mom & Dad's 68th anniversary!  Wow!  That means the family portrait is 18 years old.  I'm looking at it right now thinking each one of the kids is now an adult.  They got older, but we didn't, right!  Time marches on...  Hoping all is good with each of you!  Below---cruisin on the Eurodam!

Love,
San

llgoz llgoz@yahoo.com.au

7/7/14
Reply
to SandyTomTomjoannameRobjohnNickjennifer
Hello All,
San, I really enjoy your photos with Mum.  This is the way I want to think of her--content and loved, enjoying herself and her kids.
Nothing too interesting going on here.  Its chilly.  Our house has reached its low winter temp--50s?  Ok, maybe a little exxageration but not a lot.  Fortunately, its pretty much always beautiful outside.
Family well.
Lin, Im sorry to hear of Toms troubles.  You both must be rather fed up of the ride. Hopefully, there is better health ahead.
68 years---yikes.  That is a very LONG time.  Real staying power in them numbers.
Love to all,
Lisa




Sent from Samsung tablet







tom L treehouse716@aol.com

7/7/14
Reply
to skl19TomLinCrossthompsonproper.methreejohnstonsllgozjgoodeoznick.diackjnif1018
...all is good here.  Allie wrote me the other day that she saw the Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port.  I remember the day he was shot.  Dad and I went to church to say a prayer for his soul.  Often wonder if he received it.  (not quite sure why I brought that up, must have been the 68 number that you mentioned San.  Wasn't Kennedy shot in '68)?  No, that was '63 wasn't it?  I was 12.  6th grade.  Miss Lutz.  Christ the King.  Anyway 68 would be a long time to be married.  I'm not saying TOO long but...  At least when the portrait is 68 it won't ask questions like "Who am I" and "by the way, Who are you" and "have you seen my slippers"?  Yes indeed, we were all young.  Time does go by, doesn't it.  Gotta wonder if they are celebrating their anniversary together.  I would like to think so.  Hmmm
Also gotta wonder if I should hit the SEND button on this.  Oh, what the heck....


Pamela Lepore pamelalepore@gmail.com

Attachments7/7/14
Reply
to llgozSandyTomTomjoannaRobjohn
All well with rob & pam who are just pulling into big "d"....we are close to one of those views of Denver and dad would say "queen city of the plains"!
...we had a great trip! We hiked and camped and treated ourselves with a stop at mt Princeton hot springs (someone really dolled it up!!)
I am attaching a photo or two that only required three miles of climbing and hours of me bitching the entire way !
I love all you guys very much!
PS yes, that's ice in that lake!
It's holy cross wilderness ...it did not disappoint!!!
The lake is called fancy lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment