Saturday, August 24, 2013

LFN Fall2014

Hello Everyone,

Two more days and I'm officially recovered from hip replacement!  Six weeks has been my benchmark and I'm about there.............and it ain't been bad!  Last night was our summer Christ the King reunion here and I do believe everyone had a good time :)  I've known these people for about 62 years.  YIKES!  Lots of reminiscing about grade school classmates, teachers, antics, etc.  This week Don and I do our Colorado trip----and this year it's La Junta!  We'll visit Bent's Fort which I've never seen when we get there and then Friday morning we hop on a train that follows the Old Santa Fe Trail to Albuquerque with an onboard commentary.   We'll stay the night there and then return on Saturday and drive to Peee-eblo for the night.  Maybe a visit to the Colorado State Fair or maybe head home.  Big week ahead for me as I'm also returning to my volunteer job at St. Joe's Hospital.   

Good luck to Nick who is starting his new job at a DPS high school!  Nick, let us know how the first week with students goes!  Hoping all is good with you!

Love,
San





Nice picture.  All is good here.  Joanna is in N. Carolina surprising Kalee, who is playing in a tournament there.  It's in the same city that William and Ansley live in.  I am not able to remember the name of that city at this time.  Actually I will have to ask Joanna.  She will think me silly for not remembering but will tell me anyway.  I do know, however, that it IS in North Carolina.  I believe ( but am not
positively sure),  the people living in North Carolina do not like to be confused with the folks living in South Carolina.  I am not sure why I say this but I have received frosty looks from people who live in North Carolina when I mistake their home as being in South Carolina.  They seem insulted.  If not insulted, offended.  I'm thinking there is more to this than meets the eye.  I will ask Joanna about it. Interestingly enough when you mistake a South Carolina-an for a North Carolina-an they seem to puff up their shoulders and smile ever so slightly.  (I made that last part up).  Anyway, we'll talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment